Thermal Imaging Lets Us See the Unseen
Our basic home inspection service includes thermal imaging photography at no additional charge.
If you could see through walls and roofs, and appliances and systems, to check for potential defects- wouldn’t that give you a better home inspection than a standard visual inspection?
Similarly, thermal imaging can also help detect Electrical problems, Plumbing related issues and issues related to improperly installed Heating and Air Conditioning equipment.
Although there are no guarantees that a Thermal Imager will find every issue, using a Thermal Imager narrows the chances of missing critical problems during manual inspections. Let Colonial Home Inspections take the worry out of the purchase of your next home.
Benefits of Thermal (Infrared) Imaging aiding in the detection of:
- Water infiltration (roof leaks located with recent rain or snow fall within 24~48 hours)
- Mold, Mildew and Fungus problems
- Cold air infiltration
- Excessive moisture in building materials
- Stud / Joist / Beam / Rafter placement and structure
- Insulation gaps, insufficient and unevenness
- Electrical drops, panels, breakers, switches and wire connections
- Potential electrical hot spots
- Heating and cooling duct placement, insulation, air leaks
- Pipe location
- Proper appliance function
Colonial Home Inspections offers thermal imaging home inspection in the greater Albany, New York area
Call us today to schedule an appointment.